Wednesday 1 February 2012

0 What Do We Do With NYSC ?

   I have never been a fan of NYSC.I was once a Corper and do not think I didn't enjoy my service year because I did.I served in a nice little village in Ekiti State and there were no hassles.I remember my stay with a smile but I could never figure out why we where made to lose one year of our lives in NYSC.

They say it helps unify the nation but I think they should do a research and see if this goal is being achieved and if it is worth the money and young lives that Nigeria loses every year to the scheme.I might be wrong but the whole thing seems pointless to me but they won't think the way I think because the rich and powerful make a lot of money from the scheme through budget pilfering and contracts while the poor lose one year and maybe their lives because I bet you,these powerful men won't put their kids through the scheme.

All these come to mind as I look through reader's response to FG new NYSC policy:

Comments



The service year should be more engaging by introduction of capacity building activities that can enhance the future of those corps members after service.

This is not what we need. Every new day, new policies are made without implementing the good old ones. Nigerians are good in making policies but we have problem of implementation. Send coppers to the area of their studies not sending somebody how read political science to go and farm, it's a west of talent. As medical doctors work in hospitals, lawyers in court, let every other graduate work under his or her area of study not providing us with hard labour in the name of serving our father land. Training us in another skill without testing the skills we already acquire, that's wast of talent

laughable! My Dear minister has got a case to enrich himself again.
Wat a plan! Want corpers drifted to d bush,while u av ur way in d city. putting d youth on industrial attachment applying d Nysc approach so u cud siphon d #3billion allocation in d name of YEP watever and corpers drifted on compulsory rural attachment,eya...i spoil ur agenda my dear minister in jesus name, amen


This is ridiculous. Based on Nigerian selfish a minister wll never allow his child to serve in a rural area. I am serving presently in a village wia no light no network nd other social amenities. From camp daz wia d differences startd. Dat wl neva work in nigeria, we dat came 4rm less priviledgd family we can endure villages and the villagers prayers wil tek us to anywhere in nigeria.

I fink dis man is a ful! I'm very sure he was 1 of d corp membas who would use afluence 2 get demself posted 2 places lyk cbn durin his tym. How would a graju8 of engeneering 4instance b posted 2 d vilage 2 farm? Oga minista, are ur children skulin in dis country? If at al they are, wil they even serve their fada land let alone goin 2 d vilage? Now u'r lukin 4 ways 2 exploit d comon man again, it is only God dat wil judge ur wikednes on d poor


This is crazy. In this case ₪☺ delay,₪☺ body is talking about ppl who loose their lives ₪ a daily basis.

Hahaha. Fgn, corpers shld never be posted 2 ministers ,nt even in d north at al. Even d so call skuls in d north never apreciate corpers, no gud welfare,no motivating factor, no incentives.pls d minister shld pls addres d governor f kebbi state to pls increase its state allowe 4rm 2k to sumthg beta.





0 comments:

Post a Comment